Friday, July 29, 2005

Panic consumes me

Yesterday I calculated that I have to get at least an 89% on our calculus final in order to wind up with the B I need in the class. I think I deserve some extra credit for being able to figure that out.

I had emailed my instructor in a panic after our last test. He told me I got a C on it (75%), but that there is still some hope for me.

He wrote:

"I am sure you can do your best on the final exam, just follow the rules and the methods I explained at the board in the class. Please do not get nervous, I am sure you will be fine. For me, the most important part is the final exam, it has the best value. So PLEASE be successful on your final exam, and study the mistakes of the quizzes and midterms, in order to avoid any unexpected and unwanted results. I believe in your knowledge and talent to be very successful in Calculus, all the best to you, and see you very soon."

He's a nice guy. He must have to deal with people like me freaking out about Haas all the time, which I'm sure is annoying. I wish I had as much confidence in my ability to master basic calculus as he does.

Less than a week until I don't have to fret about calculus anymore and you don't have to read about it anymore. Everyone is looking forward to that, right?

This afternoon I'm reviewing antidifferentiation, again, since I obviously didn't understand it as well as I should have. Then I plan to go over applications of the definite integral and implicit differentiation. I think I'm going to bring a bunch of donuts to our class tomorrow morning, too. It's the last Saturday class.

No comments: