Sunday, July 10, 2005

Calculus continues

I've been trying not to talk about it because I'm in denial, but I'm still hitting calculus class twice a week and trying to keep my head above water. The class ends August 3. I have to earn a B or higher in order for the class to qualify as the prerequisite for Haas.

Our grades will be entirely test-based. We got our first test back last week. I didn't do that well -- I got three correct out of five total questions. A combination of partial credit and a grading curve somehow morphed that into an 80%. I've promised myself not to freak out until next week, when we get our second tests back. I think I did worse on the second test, but I want to wait and see how the grading turns out before I begin to panic.

I can't think of anything more embarrassing than getting into grad school, but not being able to start classes because I can't cope with calculus.

For the calculus fans out there, this week we were introduced to the number "e" (similar to the concept of π, except it comes from something different), implicit derivations, and logarithms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The number 'e' has something to do with
Raves, I'm pretty sure.