Saturday, July 30, 2005

I couldn't be more sick of calculus

Still, I'm gonna give you an update.

We got our last tests back this morning, which was irrelevant to me since I had already learned my result via email from the instructor. However, while he passed the tests back he commented that he was surprised at how poorly everyone did, which made me feel a little bit better. I like to take solace in the fact that I am not alone in my struggle. I saw at least one grade that was way lower than my C. Engineer Guy got another 100%, of course.

The instructor reiterated that if we did a good job on the final exam, we could expect a good final grade in the class. He says that the final exam grade is all he's really counting.

After reviewing for the final, which is on Wednesday, we got some problems to do for extra credit. I made it through only four extra credit questions and didn't really even get the last one. I had the sign wrong (negative when it should have been positive), but he generously gave me the point anyway. I think some people, like Engineer Guy to name names, made it through at least eight extra credit problems. Why does one need extra credit when one gets 100% on all of one's tests? I suspect he was racing through them just to spite me.

No comments: