Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Don't go see War of the Worlds

In addition to being a complete wacko, Tom Cruise has also gained my disapproval by never wearing a motorcycle helmet. In the last month, I have seen approximately 35 photos of Tom and Katie on various motorcycles. While they do wear coordinating outfits, they never wear helmets. Isn't that illegal? Even if it's not ticket-worthy, it is setting a horrible example for our nation's youth. They should be ashamed of themselves. The Cruise should think about being a role model for his children. Katie Holmes should think about why she's engaged to a fruitcake.

Ugh. I'm just disgusted.

4 comments:

Turd Ferguson said...

I agree. I am not seeing that movie based 100% in protest of The Cruise. Well, and 10 bucks is expensive.

Anonymous said...

same here: i don't care if the aliens are all naked catherine bell look-alikes*, i'm not going to see that movie. the cruise has got to be stopped at all costs.

* - not true.

Anonymous said...

I saw it and you know what it wasn't so bad. The ending was awful, the aliens were pretty lame, but watching Tom Cruise almost die constantly is actually really satisfying. What if all of these publicity stunts were just that clever? No, I can't believe that.

Anonymous said...

I have to say I too saw the movie. Had no expectations and it wasn't too bad. The veins/roots of blood I still don't understand, maybe it's better explained in the book.

But here is what kills me about the whole Katie-Tom situation, from MSN news:

"During the W interview, the actress wouldn't part from Jessica Rodriguez, who is described as her "Scientologist chaperone." Rodriguez's role in Holmes' life remains vague, though Rodriguez says they're "just best friends" since meeting around the time Holmes met Cruise.

"You adore him," Rodriguez told Holmes when the actress was at a loss for words to describe her love."

Has Katie Holmes really lost her ability to think for herself?

*oh, some states do not require helmets (IN being one of them, I do not know the others).