Sunday, August 07, 2005

RB notices surge in hits

The number of visits to RBlog doubled in July. I wonder why? Ignoring popular request, I didn't write about boobs. I didn't tell anyone new about the site. Is it possible that the travails of calculus class were more interesting than I think?

Also, if you enter "RBlog" for a Google search these day, this site turns up on page five of the results. A vast improvement from the the last time I tried. Unfortunately, a search for "Rebecca Browning blog" has less than desirable results. Many of the pages that pop up are actually referencing me (for better or worse), but this one doesn't appear. The Jo-tel does, though, on page one. Way to show me up, Jo-tel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you just said "boobs" again!

Anonymous said...

blog hits are a weird phenomenon. sometimes i'll get 30 people a day for a week, and then only my mom for the next week. i think the counter things are a little grumpy and unreliable.

Anonymous said...

RB, that happens. Visits to my blog doubled every two months for a while, and then in June they quadrupled from what they were in May. It's sort of a bizarre, thing, but it probably happens to every dedicated blogger at some point. I'm sure The Jo-Tel experienced a similar growth-spurt phenomenon with their blog a while back.

And as for Google, you'll end up on the first page at some point, guaranteed.

Turd Ferguson said...

I heard through the grapevine that you were posting about boobs again. I'm back!