Thursday, August 18, 2005

Can anyone explain this?

Last night in class, my OB* professor said, "The problem with oil companies is that they're often making too much money." He then went on to describe the different measures they have to take to "hide" money with somewhat creative accounting.

I don't understand how a company could make too much money. Can anyone out there provide an explanation?

*If you're wondering what OB is, it's an abbreviation for Organizational Behavior. We're currently studying motivation and things along the lines of how you get people to do what you want them to.

3 comments:

RB said...

Thanks! That definitely answers my question.

I tend to forget about how those shareholders always figure into things.

Turd Ferguson said...

Whoah slow down there "Mr. Scientist".

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know what OB is.