Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The last straw

When I saw this photo, I was embarrassed for Britney. I understand that the discomfort of pregnancy can lead you to make some odd choices, but I can't come up with any possible reason to wear this bathing suit (not to mention wearing it while extremely pregnant).

bspears_bikiniboat3


However, this photo has also made me embarrassed to admit that I ever liked Britney. And I did like Britney. She used to be so young, so peppy, so unstoppable... It's all been downhill since that Federline came on the scene. This is it, though. For me, this bikini is the last straw. She has crossed a line. There will be no revisiting the shiny, magnetic success of her late teens. There is no hope left for Britney Spears.

You're dead to me, Britney.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks like an oompa-loompa in that photo. A disgusting, trashy, Kabbalah-believing idiot of an oopma-loompa.

Anonymous said...

The bathing suit does look like something out of a cartoon, like when stars are used to represent a whomp on the head. I must confess that I like when pregnant women show their bellies. But I never liked Britney.

Anonymous said...

RB--
If you haven't already, take a look at gofugyourself.com to see the full extent of the Brit-Brit/K-Fed "too coked up to have kids" pregnancy extravaganza. One could blame it on the arrival of K-Fed on the Brit-pop scene, I would argue she had it in her all along. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

yeah cute bump baring young pregger gals used to be darling to me. As did Miss Spears for all the Rebecca aforementioned qualities but holy hell, that just isn't good. Is it true there are twins bunking out in there? I have heard it from poor sources such as my boyfriend but have yet to see that tidbit grace the covers of more reliable sources of USWeekly or In Touch...

Magdalena said...

Even I've given up on Britney - and my obsession bordered on unhealthy. The albums (all four PLUS the greatest hits) and DVDs still line my shelves as evidence. But Federskeezy, Chaotic, and one unironic t-shirt too many and I've moved on.

Gwen + Magda 4-ever.