Thursday, August 18, 2005

The best $65 I've spent all month

Today, while I was dealing with stack of junk mail, I permanently jammed my paper shredder. I broke it -- it was an extremely sad event. The shredder and I had been together for several years now. It wasn't powerful or fancy, but we had history. My little shredder was originally a Valentine's gift from Jeff and had a lot of sentimental value.

I consoled myself by immediately running down to the neighborhood Radio Shack and buying the most deluxe shredder I could get my hands on. It worked! I haven't gotten such a charge out of shredding since the first days I had my little blue Valentine's shredder.

shredder

My new Royal Crosscut Paper Shredder can shred up to ten sheets of paper simultaneously, and it shreds credit cards! Ooooh. No job is too tough for the power of the Crosscut. It reduces eveything I feed it into confetti-like bits, instead of the standard strips. It also has wheels and makes a loud motor noise (an intimidating purr, if you will) while it's working.

Shredding is magical again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you do with the confetti?

oodles said...

Dude... it does rock. And the confetti that your paper becomes is so pretty. Wow, what a great photo too. :)

RB said...

So far, the confetti has just been recycled. Maybe we should have a party?