Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The latest from AF

Before taking off for spring break AF sent me this quick update on his love life:

"First, there is an update on my casual relationship with K. It's over. One night after class, K and I walked to the parking lot and she asked, 'Can I talk to you in my car?' That is never good news. Although, I didn't really care, because I was not terribly interested in a relationship with K any longer. I can't handle a casual relationship where things are too casual. I work better with defined roles and expectations, and K did not seem ready to establish any of that.

The conversation was exactly what I expected: she didn't think we should see each other right now. Something about her ex-girlfriend writing her a letter and things now being confusing for her. Okay, I said. I understand. She emphasized that it was just a timing thing and gave me a kiss, so I wasn't too upset. Things happen, and then they stop happening. That's life.

On another front, Match.com is beginning to show returns on the investment (RB is not the only business-minded single out there). I've started trading emails with several women from the area. They seem normal, write correspondence well, and have generally interesting lives (educated, healthy, get outdoors, etc). It's strange to be so picky about the quality of email, but it's one of the few guideposts for such an endeavor. Anyhow, after I get back into town next week, the first real, in-person dates will begin. Updates to follow."

2 comments:

Load said...

One friend of mine was updating me about a former friends dating life and revealed an interesting approach. The single guy was using a service like match.com and other personal adds e.g. Craigslist. He used multiple angles from the guy looking for a relationship on match.com to the casual encounters add that simply said he would provide oral w/ no strings attached. He received more responses to the former than any other adds. He even had a short relationship with one of the casual encounter responders.

RB said...

You can also cross reference the info you get from Match with sites like Friendster and MySpace (gag) to try and figure out if people are normal. One of my friends who religiously uses J-Date suggested that.