Sunday, March 26, 2006

Is this a joke?

Because I really don't get it.

Check out these key lines:

"This dedication honors Britney for the rarity of her choice and bravery of her decision."

Decision to get knocked up by K-Fed? I guess it is brave, in a sense.

"Natural aspects of Spears' pregnancy, like lactiferous breasts and protruding naval, compliment a posterior view that depicts widened hips for birthing and reveals the crowning of baby Sean's head."

That may be the most disgusting thing I've read in weeks. Oh, and here's my favorite line out of the whole thing:

"The monument also acknowledges the pop-diva's pin-up past by showing Spears seductively posed on all fours atop a bearskin rug with back arched, pelvis thrust upward, as she clutches the bear's ears with 'water-retentive' hands."

WTF?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been off in another world lately (with the cutest little man ever--see the buckyblog pics), so just now saw the MSNnews article about this Britney birthing sculpture. I instantly wanted to have RB post about it, but she beat me to the punch. However I do have one comment to make.

Ignoring the majority of the article, this one sentence struck me as hysterical:
"The life-size pop princess is naked and pregnant, crouching face-down on a bare-toothed bear rug as the baby's head appears on the opposite end."

Did they all forget the fact that SHE HAD AN ELECTED C-SECTION???!!!!

RB said...

Good point! Didn't think of that.

I also don't get the bear rug. Is that common in birthing?