Thursday, March 23, 2006

Deceptively smooth. Daringly bold.

I've had a lot of conversations about Tuaca lately. A lot. No one seems to know what the stuff really is, though.

I took it upon myself to do a little research and discovered that Tuaca is an Italian brandy-based liqueur, flavored with vanilla, citrus, almond, coconut, and cocoa. Webtender.com says, "during the golden age of Renaissance Italy, legend has it that Lorenzo De Medici created an exquisite amber liqueur that became a favorite among 16th century Italian nobility. However, It was not until 1938 that Tuscan brothers-in-law Geatano Tuoni and Giorgio Canepa re-discovered the centuries old recipe -- made it even more desirable -- and named it Tuaca.... Exactly how Tuaca is made remains in the hills of Tuscany with Tuoni and Canepa -- it is their 500-year-old secret."

You can't go wrong with a shot of Tuaca (highly recommended), but I think I might try a Tuaca and Diet Coke when I am next out boozing. Or perhaps a Tuaca Sour?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was a bartender in England Tuaca did a big UK push and I became their biggest fan. I tried to get it going in the US but it never took. Thank you, RB, for bringing it back.

RB said...

I tried the tuaca, diet coke, and lime combo. Very sweet. Might be better to stick to the shots.