Saturday, March 18, 2006

Eight inches

Last week, during a brief period of stressed out lonliness, I decided to regrow my grow-your-own boyfriend. I thought he might be able to lend some comfort. Besides, he looked a little pathetic lying there on the window sill next to Anita's grow-your-own-boyfriend, all shriveled up.

Unexpectedly, my boyfriend grew a lot more this time around. I'd say he's eight inches, at least. Double the size of last time! Check out the photos below, with the watering can and amaryllis pot for scale.

Original results (grown on Valentine's Day):

IMG_0143


The new, bigger, better boyfriends:

growyourown


I'm not sure what to attribute the added size to. Maybe he's just putting on the nesting weight that people tend to gain after they get into a serious relationship? If I grow him again next week, will he get even bigger? How many times will I have to throw him in water to get him up over six feet?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's one fine hunk of man-sponge you have there.

Turd Ferguson said...

I started laughing hysterically at the title to this post and reading the text didn't make it any better.

Anonymous said...

I definitely would not have pegged RB as going for the pants-tucked-into-boots look. And does he have something clipped to his belt? Need some clarification on that.
-BT

RB said...

It's the cell phone attachment on his belt.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Yep, not your type.
-BT
male
33yo
attorney
SF
Republican
single

RB said...

Okay, I give up. BT, who are you?

Anonymous said...

Double secret admirer.

RB said...

What's a double secret admirer?

I didn't think I knew any republicans.

Anonymous said...

Obscure reference from the movie Animal House. Probably too low-brow for you.
Quoting...
Greg Marmalard: But Delta's already on probation.
Dean Wormer: They are? Well, as of this moment, they're on Double Secret Probation!

Anyway, you don't know me, except through these posts. By chance I discovered your site, and enjoy reading it. I can't believe you don't know ANY Republicans -- we're actually a pretty fun group.

RB said...

I can't believe I missed that reference! That movie holds a special place our apartment's collective heart, as you can see:

http://oodlesinsf.blogspot.com/2006/02/toga-toga.html

And, after thinking about it, I'm sure I must know many repubicans. I am in business school, afterall.

RB said...

P.S. I'm glad you like reading the blog. Very flattering.

Anonymous said...

Yep, republicans are loads of fun. When I want to have some fun I just head on over to dubyaspeak.com and laugh my arse off.