Monday, March 13, 2006

I am becoming a dude

I blame b-school: I joined a March Madness pool today. I know nothing about basketball, probably have never watched a full game (though I do think the term "dribbling" is hilarious), and here I am... in a pool. Maybe it'll be good for me. Maybe I'll learn something. I might develop a fondness for sports. If I win I can go buy myself something sparkly and pink. With ruffles.

It's a "survivor" pool, so basically I have to pick one team a day and as long as the team that I pick wins its game, I'm still in. Last person standing wins the pool. Once I pick a team I can't use that team again, so it seems like the strategy to go with is not to use up all the super good teams early on.

I have yet to make my first selection. Any advice?

2 comments:

Turd Ferguson said...

I hope then you are enjoying the biggest perk of being a dude: Peeing anywhere you want.

Anonymous said...

if you are going to pick Cal, pick them very early.