Sunday, September 25, 2005

Nordstrom... more like Boredstrom

So, uh ... I'm Jeff. I'm guest bloggering because Rebecca is too busy worrying about business school to type. Or something like that. What's new? Well, I somehow got coerced into going clothes shopping with RB for the first time in our three-year-plus relationship. I guess I've had a pretty good run with it, but my luck ran out when she wouldn't buy my assertion that our trip to Nicaragua was my birthday present to her. Granted, I didn't pay for her trip to Nicaragua or anything, but I figured that maybe my presence alone on a trip to Nicaragua would be enough to be considered a good birthday present. I mean, who wants to go to Nicaragua? Sounds reasonable, right? Not a friggin' chance. But, she made it easy on me by telling me about a pair of jeans she really wanted, and all I had to do was accompany her to Nordstrom and pay for them. It sounded like a really easy way to get out of having to think of a "special" present to buy. I'm such a damn romantic.

I was kind of dreading the trip (I really don't like people, crowds, malls, elevators, waiting, salespersons, clothes, public transportation, or mindless consumerism -- pretty much everything I thought a trip to Nordstrom would involve), but it actually ended up not being so bad. It’s amazing how many cute girls there were wandering around there in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, are you ever going to post to this blog again?

Anonymous said...

RBlog... more like "R you ever going to Blog again?"

D. said...

Hey, man, celebrities get busy... er lead busy lives. Sometimes blogging just has to take the back door, er seat.

Anonymous said...

If you have no time to post, just post a bunch of a bunch of little kids. A lot of little kids.

D. said...

Yes, I concur, Johnny D, very well put. Post picures of your cute neices and nephews, not shitty rants about law school.

Anonymous said...

Yes Johnny D, they were beautiful especially the nieces.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Johnny D, we agree with you.

Anonymous said...

Nambla, Fuck off.