Friday, September 16, 2005

Pray for Baby Spears-Federline

Many of you have written in to ask, and the answer is yes -- I did read that Britney had the baby.

From the Associated Press:
"Spears, who married Federline in September last year, had been previously reported as saying she planned to have the baby by Caesarean section to avoid the pain of a natural birth."

I think that comments on this issue from my smart and funny friends sum it all up for me.

The first email I received on the subject read, "What the *$&#%??! She had previously said that having a child is the next closest thing to knowing God, but she's wimping out of labor? Give me a break! You take drugs to get a c-section (sometimes you're even knocked out), and you would get drugs for labor. Would she rather have the scar than a stretched out cooter that will naturally tighten back up?!"

It was closely followed by a comment from another friend:
"A scheduled c-section to avoid the unpleasantries of childbirth?!  That's a great way to start out parenthood: "Dear Baby, I know you have your 'schedule' and 'needs' or whatever, but I'd rather not be conscious. It hurts!  Plus if I schedule it a little early I don't gain those last few pounds.  Love, Mom."

Yep, that pretty much says it all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it tightens back up naturally? I'm skeptical, but ... Awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you also know that healing from a c-section takes 3 times longer than healing from "natural" birth . . . Jokes on her!

Anonymous said...

Who want's their sexpot pop star with a giant scar, left from where a human was pulled, zipping across her formerly lovely bare abs?

At least she gave him a better name than I was expecting.

Anonymous said...

I wrote that when I heard his name was Sean Preston Spears-Federline yesterday. But now I hear its a myriad of other shitty ones. I'd like to retract my original statement until People lays down their final (3 million dollar) word. I should have known better than to trust anyother media source. sigh.

Anonymous said...

After it is all said and done you could probably stick your hand in there and still flip a quarter.