Friday, September 02, 2005

Word verification for comments

For some reason, I started getting spam in the comment fields on my blogs this afternoon. I'm not sure if something triggered it, or if it was random. All of the sudden a bunch of bogus comments with links to commercial sites began popping up in quick succession (all but one has been deleted).

To combat this crappiness, I've started using the Blogger.com word verification feature for comments. When you leave a comment, you'll have to type in characters as they appear on the screen in order to confirm that you're an actual human. It's annoying, but spam is more annoying.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha nevermind! I posed my question before reading all your posts.

Turd Ferguson said...

Way to go, ass.

Anonymous said...

ylznm

Anonymous said...

rsatkmkz

Anonymous said...

they gave me some earlier today that I couldnt spell. By that I mean asking for letters that had dots above them...how the f?
took me four attempts to post something not that importante. Perhaps thats a sign I shouldnt bother speaking..oh man I tell Wally not to leave himself wide open..

Turd Ferguson said...

Asking for letters with dots above them? Perhaps an "i" or a "j"? Yeah, those can be tricky, seeing how they are in the middle of the keyboard.