Monday, June 27, 2005

Product review: Coca-cola Zero

I'm not sure if this is a new product from the Coke people, or if it's just new to me. I keep winding up with it when I'm looking for a Diet Coke. The cans are both silver with red lettering.

Pop consumption is a very personal choice. Some of us can't get enough and don't mind any ill effects of all the sugar, some drink only sugar free pop, and some people don't drink it at all. I refuse to drink a beverage that has the same amount of calories as half a donut -- I'd rather just eat the donut. I indulge pretty regularly, but only in the sugar free sodas. Diet Coke is my top choice.

Coke Zero doesn't have any sugar or calories, and it tastes exactly the same as regular old Coca-cola. I'm sure this is good news for those Coke drinkers who want a calorie-free option that doesn't taste "diet." Me? I truly prefer the way Diet Coke tastes. So even though Coke Zero meets my sugar-free requirement, it doesn't taste as good to me as Diet Coke.

I'm also wondering if the Coke people ever get confused with all of their different recipes. Neither Diet Coke or Coke Zero taste the same as Coke Light (only available outside the States), but essentially they're all the same thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! She called the soda "pop"!

Just kidding, we all know pop is the correct terminology.

Anonymous said...

You expect us to trust the opinion of someone who prefers Diet Coke to Coca-Cola? Eeeew.