Thursday, June 16, 2005

Mixed reports on the Wookiees

After Revenge of the Sith was released, I heard from many of you who felt that the Wookiee footage was disappointing. Entertainment Weekly even reported that in order to get the film down to a reasonable length, Lucas had cut almost all the scenes shot on the Wookiee world. This morning Matt K. sent a note that has once again sparked my interest in seeing the movie (nope, I still haven't seen it).

He wrote, "I went to see Star Wars, but after reading your blog thought that the Wookiees would be fairly played down. I was wrong. They were awesome. There was even one part where they're swinging through the air Tarzan-style to attack these huge battlecruisers, hair blown back by the wind."

I guess the truth of the matter is that you can never have enough Wookiee footage. Those big furballs are always going to leave me wanting more.

No comments: