Sunday, June 26, 2005

Fun in the sun: More pictures from Nica

San Juan del Sur beach

This is the beach in San Juan del Sur, a surf town on the southwest coast of Nicaragua. Jeff and a spent about three nights there, and one of those days we didn't do anything but lounge on the beach. In this shot of the main beach, you can see all the restaurants lined up. They all had normal entrances on the street, but were also open to the beach so you could wander up in your swimsuit and get lunch or a beer.


boats in Bay of San Juan

Fishing boats all park in the bay when they aren't out to sea. By nightfall there were easily over one hundred different boats floating around out there.


playing in the surf

Here's the other side of the bay. We spent a lot of time that day playing in the surf. Jeff was body surfing, which I had never watched anyone do before. The sun bleached all the color out of my toenail polish within hours. When we got to the beach it was bubblegum pink, but by evening it was gray.


Jeff in the sand

Jeff playing in the sand, pre-tan. I bet he makes me take this photo down.


the only picture of me

I think this photo might be the only proof that I was actually on this trip. Lookin' hot -- literally -- and sweaty. Ew. Nice sunburnt nose, too.


San Juan sunset

Here's the sunset that night. Each evening before dinner, Jeff and I would buy two Coke Lights (what they have instead of Diet Coke outside the U.S.) and a bottle of Flor de CaƱa and head down to the beach for cocktail hour. It became cocktail hours. Those sunsets lasted a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a cute picture. Also awesome facebook material.