Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'm back!

I actually returned from Nicaragua last weekend, but the dramatic events of the week have kept me from updating the RBlog. The trip was not entirely what I expected, but fabulous. I learned many things about our neighbors in Central America, Jeff, and myself. For instance, Nicaraguan newspapers and television news programs will show close-ups of dead people, even if the bodies are pretty gory. It was a little startling at first. Also, Jeff is nearly fluent in Spanish. He'll deny that, but he's good enough to have a somewhat detailed conversation about politics with a hot woman. That takes a little savvy. And, though I like to think of myself as rugged, I am not. As much as I hate to admit it, I need air-conditioning and breakfast to be truly happy on a vacation.

I should have some photos to post early next week. I'll postpone any further discussions of our adventures until then.

No comments: