Sunday, July 02, 2006

Photos of Florence

It appears that I won't get sick of posting vacation pics any time soon. These are a few I took during the couple of days we spent in Florence.


oldbridge


This is the Ponte Vecchio, where you've probably already all been. It's all jewelry shops. Jeff humored me by letting me stare in all the windows until I got sick of it. It's apparently one of the worst places for being pick-pocketed in Italy -- likely because it's packed shoulder-to-shoulder with tourists and everyone is distracted by window shopping.


fruit

I just thought this produce shop was pretty. I will also add that ALL of the produce we had while we were on the trip was amazing, especially the tomatoes. Commenting on this really makes me feel like I'm my grandma, but I've been buying all kinds of tomatoes, melons, and other fruits and veggies since I've been back and they're really not the same. They don't look as good or taste as good, which is odd because it doesn't seem like the growing conditions in California and Italy should be very different.

The pictures below of are a butcher's shop. No way I couldn't take photos of small, stuffed wild boar, dressed as Renaissance-era diners. I hope they're not eating prosciutto.


3pigs


pig

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sexy hairy chest that pig has.

Anonymous said...

Tony is that you?

Anonymous said...

Nope... just someone else who knows how much you appreciate a hairy chest.