Thursday, July 06, 2006

It's not horrible

Some of you may be aware that Paris Hilton is making a foray into the music world. She's been working on putting together the final music video for her song, Stars Are Blind. I'm not sure if that title is supposed to be ironic, or what.

Before I go on, let me make it clear that I do not like Paris Hilton. She seems vapid, mean, boring, and trashy. Predictably, the video footage is inane. However, I've heard the song a couple of times now and I have to admit, I don't think it's horrible. It's sort of catchy. I mean, yeah, it's dumb, of course. But, I was expecting something on par with K-Fed's recent music attempts. This, however, is the sort of thing I could picture getting stuck in my head after listening to 92.7 a little too long while sitting in a parked car on a hot day, or maybe the kind of thing I would wind up dancing to at 2 am in the Gerards' living room. Actually, it would need a faster beat for that.

Something tells me I will regret making this opinion of mine public. Oh, and you can check out the song and video here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

song not terrible...I will concur...to my own embarassment. I even told Matt to shut up the other day so i could sing along with her. Mostly it was just an excuse to tell him to quiet down.

Turd Ferguson said...

You two are so cute together.

Anonymous said...

i like the part where she is tied to the wall and getting knives thrown at her. maybe b/c that is exactly what i would like to do with her.