Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hooray, Italia!

I've been meaning to post photos from last weekend, but I got a little distracted. I watched half the game sitting on a fire hydrant on a street corner, and the other half crammed into a packed bar with every other person who thought it would be cool to watch the game in North Beach. The photos really don't capture the crazed glee that filled the streets when Italy won. Champagne was flying everywhere, fans were dancing and singing, and they had to shut down the streets in the hood for pretty much the rest of the afternoon. I celebrated with a prosciutto and mozerella sandwich. Yummy.


flagparade


hoorayitalia

1 comment:

The BCB said...

I can't believe we didn't run into each other! What with the clear lines of sight and all. Maybe I was too busy eating gelato and trying not to get knocked over by drunken freaks.