Saturday, July 08, 2006

Paris vs Jessica: It's on!

This week's Us Weekly includes a poll that asks which will be the song of the summer -- Paris Hilton's Stars are Blind or Jessica Simpson's Public Affair. Us asked one hundred people in NYC's Fifth Avenue (as they always do) and a full eighty-one percent voted for Jessica's Public Affair.

Upon reading this I was driven to the Internet... Though I'd heard about all the cameo appearances in Jessica's upcoming video, I hadn't heard the song. It's super poppy in the traditional girls'-night-out-style. If songs could be pink, sparkly, and candy-coated, it would be. I think I might love it. You can listen to it here.

I must say I'm surprised that Jessica Simpson knows what the phrase "carte blanche" means. Her co-lyric writer must have thrown that one in there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no. Paris is better. Well maybe not better, but I am on a serious I HATE JESSICA rampage since I watched the heart-wrenching Nick Lachey: Behind the Music. Breaking that boys heart was unforgiveable. MEAN MEAN MEAN.
Oh and maybe this has been addressed already, but why does the word verification have the handicapped symbol next to it??

RB said...

If you click on the symbol it gives you an audio, which I assume is another way to verify in case you're blind. Don't ask me how you'd see to click on the symbol, though.

Anonymous said...

My gossip source says '"A Public Affair," has drawn more than a few comparisons to her long-ago hit "Holiday."'
Just listen to the intro, it's eerie.

Anonymous said...

the "her" is Madonna, not Jessica. Just to clarify.

Anonymous said...

everytime I hear it I think its Holiday as well.
Wait what?? For the blind? How often are those without sight surfing the net?? And if thats the case I'd rather "see" a silouette seeing eye dog or something.