Sunday, July 02, 2006

A few more wedding shots

I took a nap, but I'm still pretty out of it. It might be because I've eaten six meals in the last four hours and that it's eight million degrees in the OC, which doesn't motivate me to do much. Besides taking a shower, downloading photos from last night has been my big achievement for the day.


1288roomies


Roomies of 1288, looking very respectable. I think this is the most dressed up we've ever seen each other. I guess that's not saying much, because usually when I see them I'm wandering from the kitchen to the bathroom in pink duck pajamas. This might actually be only the third time I've been out of our apartment with both Nadia and Antia since I've been living with them.


boogie3


Nadia's cousins and her sister (Aman, in purple), looking lovely in their rainbow of saris. The one in the middle is actually a lengha (not a sari), which is a top with a skirt, instead of the big wrapped up piece of fabric that makes the skirt and shawl of a sari.


boogie2


Nadia's mom and dad show us all how it's done.


Shalu&uncle


Shalu and Uncle on the dance floor. Shalu let me borrow the lengha I wore that night.


ladiesdancing


I'm not sure how all these ladies dance in the saris without them coming unwound. They're held up with special folding techniques and about 10 safety pins -- there's no way I'd be able to walk in one.


turnthebulb?

Late in the evening and I am still trying to master the lightbulb dance. Unfortunately, I am the whitest white girl ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RB that last picture? Made my day.

Anonymous said...

Indians know how to party. Even the whitest of white girls know how to party!