Monday, May 28, 2007

Perpetual daylight

I'm in NYC this week, staying at the W in Times Square. There's a huge publishing conference at the end of the week, so my company reserved a big block of rooms here for everyone traveling into the city. The W cracks me up, because it's trying sooooo hard to be cool and turns out to be just sort of annoying and silly. For instance, is it really necessary that all the lights in the hall are low and blue or red? No one is clubbing or making out out there. Seems like it would make more sense to be able to get the card key in the door and the roller bag in the room without tripping. They do have a cool gift shop, I'll give them that. I want to buy everything in there.

Because the hotel is in Times Square, the window by my bed is lit up round the clock. It literally looks like it's 5pm outside right now (it's really 11pm). All neon, but you wouldn't necessarily notice unless you were over there checking it out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (slightly belated) Birthday

RB said...

Thanks! Good to know anonymous remembers my birthday.

Anonymous said...

Of course I remember your birthday. I am, after all, anonymous.