Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dumbest thing ever

Dave just sent me a link to an article about the cheating scandal at Fuqua. His comment was, "Pretty stupid on the students' part -- why would you cheat in an MBA program of all places?" By which he probably means it's a stupid thing to do because b-school is not really that hard,* and on top of that your grades just don't matter that much. I doubt he means that it's a stupid thing to do because we're supposed to be role models for ethical decision making, but you never know.

I think it's pretty stupid for 30 graduate students turn in answers that were similar enough for a professor to tell everyone was cheating. Did they really think that was going to work? Seems like if you're going to cheat, you should at least do a decent job of it. I also think Fuqua is a stupid word.

*Dave thinks b-school is not hard. I think parts of it are hard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My final today was hard :(

Anonymous said...

Hey, big steps here... I don't do blogs...but, since my name is in this one, just a clairification: I don't claim bschool is "easy", I just don't get why you'd give a shit to the point that you'd spend time cooking up a strategy to cheat. That time is better spent "networking" at the local watering hole. Which is probably what Goldy is doing right about now...
Yes, CLEARLY I'm not taking an ethical stance!

Anonymous said...

FROM THE ARTICLE: The scandal saddened those in the program, said Charles Scrase, a first-year student and president of the MBA Association at Duke. "I think we view ourselves as ethical leaders," he said.

FROM ME: hey, that guy must have already taken P.R. 101 !

RB said...

WOAH! Dave reads and comments on a blog... this is huge.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, you have to assume they read the comments.. You weren't assuming they read the comments?? This is why the Jo-tel is so boring. I always assume they're all reading.