Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Email from Jenica

"Hi there,

This morning I found out that the soldiers in Iraq who were kidnapped are from the 10th Mountain Division in Watertown New York, where my brother is from. He's fine. But it freaked me out and I feel so bad for the families who are not so lucky. He hasn't been in contact with us for several days. Amy (his wife) didn't know til yesterday that they were from their army base. Luckily Gene contacted her through a friend's email (all communication between his brigade and the outside world is blocked, as dramatic as that sounds).

My mom was worried about him as soon as she found out about it. But of course I told her that she was being dramatic. I didn't know that for once she had the right to worry. Gene was supposed to be in that group but was changed at the last minute (before deploying). Yikers.

Anyway...I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said 'I don't remember signing my son's permission slip to Iraq.' It was next to a yellow ribbon sticker.

If you could keep those soldiers in your thoughts....

Love, Jenica"

No comments: