Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My favorite holiday

Another Bay to Breakers has come and gone. It truly is the best day of the year in San Francisco, and I can't believe I was considering skipping it.

I wore the disco jumpsuit again this year. People actually recognized me from years past and came up to say hello, which made me feel like a bad ass. As did my 27-second keg stand at Hayes and Scott.

It seems like the most popular costume this time around was to spoof Justin Timberlake's "Dick in a Box" skit from SNL. There were at least 10 groups of guys all dressed up like JT in that skit. However, the funniest version of this -- by far -- was a chick I saw, wearing jeans and a t-shirt, but with the gift-wrapped box strapped to her crotch. I told her I liked her box, and she looked at me, winked, and said, "It's a box in a box."

Next year will be a tough call. It's very likely that my graduation and Bay to Breakers will fall on the same day. I might have to go B2B early and then roll into graduation in the jumpsuit. It could work.

No comments: