Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Update on the resolutions

I have made absolutely no progress on my resolutions so far. I've not signed up for the Y membership and I haven't gone back to motorcycle school. I have no excuse for my poor performance.

I guess that I have managed to consistently track all my spending. In this case, I think ignorance might have actually been bliss. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with the data. Spreadsheets? Pie charts?

Even though I now know that I spend a whole lot more on food and transportation than I thought I did, I can't really cut either of those things out. The only other conclusions I've made are:

1) I spend a lot of money in order to be with friends or while I am hanging out with friends.

2) Much (almost all?) of my happiness comes from time spent with friends.

And so,

3) My happiness is expensive.

This would seem to contradict the accepted wisdom that money can't buy happiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From now on we should hang out while taking walks in the hood. Free and healthy!