Wednesday, January 24, 2007

New semester, new attitude

I've recovered my enthusiasm about being a grad student. Every second of last semester felt like torture to me, but this one is fun and interesting so far. Having friends in classes might make all the difference.

This time around I'm taking Leadership (aka How to be a CEO) and Negotiations and Conflict Resolution. The cool thing about Leadership is that half the reading for the class was published by my group at work, so I'm getting up to speed at work and doing homework at the same time. Plus, it's genuinely interesting material. The cool thing about Negotiations and Conflict Resolution is that you can pretty much use everything you learn immediately and in almost every area of your life. Not to mention, the professor is soooooo dreamy.

Today I turned in an application to head the social committee. If I get appointed, I'll get to make budgeting decisions about happy hours and pretty much any other kind of event we want to plan. It feels a little like trying out for student government in high school, but I'm super geared up about having outside funding to plan parties for people I drink with every weekend anyway.

No comments: