Thursday, January 04, 2007

It's tricky

There's been a lot of confusion expressed to me lately over "Linda." The truth is that her name isn't really "Linda." That's pretty much just a code blog-world name. Her real name sounds a little bit like "Linda" and frequently, in real life, people mis-hear her and think she said her name was Linda when it is really something else that's not quite so common or forty-something sounding. Thus the "Linda" joke. If you have met a friend of mine who looks exactly like the photos of Linda, but who has a different name, then you can pretty much assume that the person you met is really actually the "Linda" I refer to.

On the same note, it's exciting that so many of you are still reading RBlog even though I haven't posted anything in an eternity. There hasn't been much in the way of comments posted recently, but I've received a ton of real-life comments. Makes me feel like the effort is appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think the real Linda's name is a lot cooler than Linda. It reminds me of a scene from Trading Places. Besides... I know alot of Linda's but only ONE person with Linda's real name.

Anonymous said...

Personally, my real name is not really Hip E.