Sunday, February 05, 2006

She likes girls?!

Here's my latest installment from AF's adventures in dating:

"I showed a little after eight on Friday and K greeted me at the door. I handed her the bottle of wine I had bought and she introduced me to her friends. Mind you, this is a seriously cliquey clique of girls and breaching a new social order is always intimidating. But they were actually really nice! Who knew?

K was busy in the kitchen and I offered to help while she made apple-gorgonzola biscuits (delicious). As we talked, I asked K why she was redecorating the place. She explained that her girlfriend had just moved out. Okay, I instantly think, she means ‘girlfriend’ like the way my mom uses it: a friend who just happens to be female. But then she said, 'We just broke up.' Guess she didn't mean it like my mom does...

I couldn't believe this was happening to me! The night was suddenly turning into a bad John Cusack movie, or something. Mentally stunned, I nodded as she talked, regaining cognitive function only when she said that she has had boyfriends in the past, too. Phew!

The rest of the evening seemed to go well. We all hung out in the living and joked about theme songs, barbiturates, and the Left Behind Series. She even walked me out when I had to leave.

Throughout the night I picked up a good vibe from K. She seems interested in me. But the whole into women v. into men thing remains a little unsettled. I certainly don’t have a problem with it, but I’m not entirely sure where she stands. I guess I should ask her out again to find out more?"

4 comments:

RB said...

I vote for asking her out again. A lot of people date both men and women.

RB said...

Incidentally, that seems like a fairly awkward convo to be having while baking. "Would you mind handing me the Bisquick? Thanks... did I mention I'm bisexual?"

Turd Ferguson said...

On the bright side, maybe if you end up dating her, uhhhh, you know, she uhhhhh, may want to, um, you know, make out with a chick in front of you. That would be kind of neat.

Anonymous said...

let's hope so.