Monday, February 06, 2006

AF scores a date!

AF is making some serious progress in the singles' world. He's making me feel like I've been staying in and studying finance a tad too much...

"After swapping voicemails yesterday, I telephoned K last night. I actually don't know her that well yet, so I learned lots of new things during the conversation. First, she's younger (24) than she looks. Her mom was born in China, so I think she is half-Chinese (but I didn't ask). That also is not at all apparent. And she likes to garden. Actually, I already knew that, because I Googled her, but I acted like it was new to me.

We talked for 45 minutes and at the end of the call I asked her to have a drink one night this week. She said yes and we set a date for Thursday evening after class.

While I don't think it is wrong to Google someone new, I'm not sure how to handle the info I dug up on her. Advice? I can't imagine ever disclosing the Googling before a relationship is established. Also, I'm guessing I should kiss her at the end of the night and she how she reacts?

P.S. I ran into another cute girl at an 'industry function' and she asked me where a good place to get lunch was. Since I had to act professional, I didn't strike up much of a conversation. so what did I do instead? I came home and posted a missed connection on craigslist."

2 comments:

RB said...

I google pretty much everyone who I am attracted to... I thought that was standard protocol. Sucks when they have a really common name.

Turd Ferguson said...

Must have been easy to find me then. :)