Thursday, February 16, 2006

AF's VD date

Any comment I make here will sound bitter and whiney, since my own VD date was made of blue plastic, so just go ahead and read:

"I’m happy to report that my Valentine’s Day date went off without a hitch. I attribute this to mostly ignoring VD. The only mention of the holiday was to send K an email with the picture of Hasselhoff that RBlog readers must be trying so hard to forget. She found it funny, and we spoke no more of VD.

The plan for the night went awry earlier Tuesday when the record store had only one ticket left for the show I had planned for us to see. I then had to wing it, which I understand is a risky proposition. I think I should develop a reserve of good, last-minute, and no-plan-needed contingency dates. Right now I can think only of: dinner with drinks or dinner with a movie. Maybe making dinner at home with a movie? We ended up walking to dinner and drinks, then coming back to her place with a bottle of wine to hang out.

One thing I like about K is that she is easy-going and had fun just doing whatever that night. The conversation continues to go well and we have a lot of things to talk about. I find her really interesting. I’d like to keep seeing her, and I think she feels the same, but I’m not sure how many dates should go down before discussing with her if we even have a ‘status.’ Does it depend on whether or not the night is spent together?"

2 comments:

RB said...

Something tells me AF shacked up!

Anonymous said...

No need to bring it up for a while.