Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Adventures in dating

It was suggested recently that I liven up the blog posts with more dish on my single life. While that might make for interesting reading, I feel limited by the fact that so many people read this blog, including Jeff and my dad (hi guys!).

As a compromise, my anonymous friend (AF) is going to start sending in reports on his adventures in dating. AF is also in grad school and a couple months out of a long-term relationship. We'll get to live vicariously and he gets our advice.

Here's the first installment. For the past week or so AF has been semi-stalking a girl from school, trying to work up the nerve to ask her out on a date:

"ok. so last night, after class, with her friend standing right there, i asked that girl to the show. she said she had something to do with her place, and i was like okay. she said, 'you'll have to tell me how the show is.' and i thought: well, that sounds like kind of a real excuse. anyhow, i felt better about just having asked her, b/c you're right, i'm too shy for my own good sometimes.

then, i saw this email today:

'hi,
not sure if this is your email or what... i'm just guessing. anyway, i realized i sounded very vague earlier, what i meant was 'friday i'm actually having some friends over to redecorate my place, but you should stop by before the show for a drink...' good times. see you in class tomorrow.
K'

she took the time to look up my email and invite me. so that's good, right? give me the girl scoop. anyhow, now i need to write and say yes. so all seems to be going well. single is definitely not as bad as i thought. lonely maybe, but not scary."

2 comments:

Turd Ferguson said...

Immediately proposition her for sex. Chicks love that.

RB said...

Plus, that will make the next blog posting way more interesting.

It's clearly good she emailed you. Good sign that she feels okay about you hanging out in her apartment with her friends. Would lead me to believe that she didn't just email out of guilt related to turning down your invitation, but actually is interested.