Monday, May 23, 2005

Who knows about The Superficial?

I'm aware that some of you are dedicated readers of The Superficial. I started reading after finding links on both Fleshbot and Will's blog. If you don't read it, you should. It's better than Us Weekly. It's addictive and I'm hooked. However, there are a few things I'd like to know:

1) Who writes it? All the entries have a really strong, specific voice (young, male, hetero, sarcastic), but the Advertising Info and the About sections say things like, "We respect our readers' anonymity as much as we love our own and we highly encourage reader submissions..." Is there really a we? Does The Superficial have an actual staff? Or is it one young, sarcastic, hetero guy sitting alone on his couch in his boxers blogging?

I must admit I assumed the latter, which brings me to my second question.

2) If it is just a dude on his couch, does he have a day job? Or does he make enough money off the advertisements on The Superficial that he can just blog and promote the site full time? I mostly wonder because it's well done and I'm curious about the personality behind it. The detailed info provided about the site's traffic in the Advertising Info section is interesting, too. Especially this line, "Our content attracts over 100,000 visitors every day, from buzz-generating college students to studio executives."

Buzz-generating college students? Studio executives? Really?

One of you must know more about The Superficial. Do tell. I'm dying to know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the superficial, that's hot

Anonymous said...

Also addictive is www.goldenfiddle.com

Anonymous said...

Also addictive....lots of meth.
Signed
Larry King