Thursday, May 12, 2005

Everyone else is blogging about Star Wars...

...I might as well jump on the bandwagon. I've heard a lot of people say that The Revenge of the Sith isn't supposed to be very good. We're all sick of George Lucas and his crappy commercial attempts to capitalize on the greatness of the first three films, blah blah blah.

After I saw the last one, I pretty much wrote off The Revenge of the Sith. In my opinion, the only good thing in the last movie was Hayden Christiansen and his only contribution to the film was to add some sweet eye candy. I wasn't even planning to see the coming film in the theater. Until I saw the trailer, that is.

I'm now under the impression that we get to see a lot more wookies in this movie. There are several action scenes with wookies, their fur blowing in the wind, in the ads. Every time I go to the neighborhood Walgreen's, I am mesmerized by the action figures that have been pre-released for the film -- they're all wookie warriors.

If they look anything like this, the movie will be worth my $10.

team

I bet they'll be way better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves a good Wookie!

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ woman! Hayden Christiansen was the Jar Jar Binks of the last Star Wars movie. He's one of the worst actors I've ever seen! His placement as a love interest for the character played by Natalie Portman only serves to emphasize his shortcomings. I actually liked the second film a lot better than the first one because I thought it was truer to the silly, child-like fantasy of the original trilogy. I'm looking forward to seeing the new movie, except for one thing: Hayden Christiansen. I also think he's ugly.

RB said...

I didn't say he was a good actor, or even a passable actor. I just said he was eye candy. And I insist he was... in that hot fourteen-year-old kind of way.

Anonymous said...

Becky likes 'em prepubescent. Hayden, Orlando....