Friday, April 22, 2005

Product review: Häagen Dazs Peaches & Cream Ice Cream

I don't know what it wrong with me. Someone please take my spoon away and put me out of my misery! I was supposed to be picking up some asparagus for dinner when this little pint of peach-flavored fat caught my eye. Just quickly running in and out of the market for some vegetables...

No, the ice cream section is nowhere close to the asparagus section of the grocery store.

At any rate, I'm a big fan of Häagen Dazs ice creams because just like they advertise, they're really are made of only cream, milk, whatever fruit or other flavor you pick, sugar, and some egg yolks. They taste a lot fresher than all of the other brands, even the more expensive brands like Ben & Jerry's.

Peaches & Cream is way too sweet, though. WAY too sweet. You can actually taste fresh peaches, which are delicious, but they taste like fresh peaches drenched in corn syrup and then rolled in powdered sugar. Not that that was enough to make me stop eating it, though.

I say skip the Peaches & Cream and go for the Strawberry.

No comments: