Thursday, April 14, 2005

The McDonalds of fitness comes to Noe Valley

A 24-Hour Fitness "Fit-Lite" is moving into a building on 24th at Church that used to be a Laundromat. I peered into the windows today and saw that they have moved in a bunch of machines and weights already. They also seem to be working on a separate area that could be used for classes.

I've had a rough time figuring out what the whole "Fit-Lite" thing is about. Nadia is similarly flummoxed. She did some research this morning and here's what she had to report:

"I didn't come up with a whole lot, but here's what I
know. There's a Pacific Heights Fit Life Club out
there, but there is no phone number. The site says it
is an 'active' club, meaning they have the basics-
machines, classes, etc... but there is still nothing on their site
explaining what the hell a Fit Life club is!"

I've also noticed a lot of shops closing in Noe Valley, which is good news to my mind because they're all pretty dumb shops. A Girl and Her Dog, the most expensive women's fashion store that I have ever been in, is closing its doors. Good riddance, methinks -- who wants to pay $300 for a tank top? Same story with Designer's Club on 24th and Sanchez. That place has been overpriced for the last three years. Pannetti's, a gift shop that I've never seen any customers in, has signs in the window that say it's retiring. I won't miss it.

I'm hoping for some good restaurants to fill in the gaps. Maybe something cheap and ethnic? Really great Thai or affordable sushi would be a dream come true in this neighborhood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a legit 24 hr Fitness!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.