Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Product review and confession: Eyeglide

I'll admit it. I'm one of those women who puts on her make up on BART. Each day that I make it to the office with make up on, it's because I applied it during my morning commute. And I don't mean just a little lip gloss either. Foundation, mascara, eye shadow, whatever -- if I'm going to wear it, I'm putting it on during my train ride. I draw the line at tweezing.

I know what Miss Manners has to say about this sort of thing, and for a long time I was wracked with guilt. However, doing my make up on the train gives me ten to fifteen minutes more in bed each morning and that is more important to me than offending my fellow passengers, hands down. Especially since those passengers are usually not paying attention to me, because they are 1) snorting up the mucus in the back of their throats over and over and over, instead of using a tissue, 2) clipping their fingernails, 3) sleeping, or 4) having loud conversations on their cell phones -- usually regarding the fact that they are running late.

Now that you know my guilty secret, it should make sense to you that I've fallen for a eye shadow that comes in a twisty marker-like package. Revlon's Eyeglide shimmer shadow was recommended to me by my friend Inga and it was a great recommendation. Even though I am not a proponent of drugstore cosmetics, I now own two of the things -- one in Champagne and one Jade. The fun of putting them on makes them worth the seven bucks, not to mention the sparkly thrill they can add to your workday. Best of all, they're incredibly commuter friendly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RB,

Congratulations on having a blog. Let me know if you want us to link to you. Since you are an editor, does that give your readers the right to comment on your writing mechanics? I just had one small point about your commas in this piece. As an engineer, I feel owe nothing to the laws of writing good, as you can see. Maybe you can post on this topic in the future. Either that or my other favorite topic, Me!