Monday, April 18, 2005

Product review: Ben & Jerry's Dave Matthews Band's Magic Brownies Ice Cream

When I saw this ice cream, my first thought was that Dave Matthews Band ice cream is not even half as clever and cool as Phish Food ice cream. Even so, it's not a bad ice cream. It's got chunks of mushy fudge brownies, which would make me extremely satisfied with any ice cream. There is also a pleasantly sweet raspberry swirl, which tastes like someone stirred in a couple tablespoons full of raspberry jam. A hint of tartness in the raspberries might have been better. The big downside is that the ice cream base is vanilla. Chocolate ice cream would have better played up that good thing they've got going with the fudge chunks. All in all, I give it a B-.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing there's a 24-hour fitness coming close to your house, you bad monkey.

Anonymous said...

I think it's too sweet... but since I like Dave Matthews, I'm determined to try to eat more of it.

Anonymous said...

Uh, Becky, are you forgetting about "One Sweet Whirled"???

Anonymous said...

"Under the Table and Creaming" Wait...thats sick.
At this rate, Maroon 5 will have their own Ben and Jerry's flavor by 2008 called "Suckier than Ebola"