Thursday, January 12, 2006

What would you do?

The restrooms at my office are outside of our actual office suite, and therefore shared by the other organizations that have offices in the building. Yesterday, I headed into the ladies' room to empty my bladder and freshen up before heading to class.

As I came in the door, I determined that there was only one other person in the room, inside one of the stalls. She was talking loudly and I soon realized that she was having a conversation on her cell phone. The phone was set on speaker and she conversing with both a man and a woman on the other end of the line. She was simultaneously taking a very large dump. I knew this, because I could hear the strain in her voice. Um, gross.

What is one to do in this scenario? I ignored the lack of privacy, peed, flushed, and then washed my hands as loudly as possible. She was still in the stall, dumping and talking away, when I left. I really wanted to say something to her about how disgusted I was, but was worried I'd get beat up.

3 comments:

Turd Ferguson said...

You should have lobbed some wet paper towels over the stall door and ran.

Anonymous said...

Certainly, this was acceptable because she was relaxed. Get your head out of your conservative medieval ass.

RB said...

No way. If she wants to poo on the phone, then fine, but what she was doing was impinging on my right to use the toilet without being on the phone.

Plus, there something has to be said for following basic rules of ettiquette in public places. We are not animals.