Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Me, a Forensic Neuropsychologist?

I recently received this email from a man I have never heard of:

Dear Rebecca,

If you recall, you responded to a Craig's list ad for an assistant to a Forensic Neuropsychologist back in late Jan this year. In 3 days I had over 250 applications for the job, and your letter was in the top ten applicants, given your education, training and experience. My first choice and subsequent assistant suffered a terrible accident yesterday, and there is little hope that she will be returning to work.

I very much need an assistant immediately, who has good interpersonal skills, is psychologically minded and can do billing with any number of insurance companies and some report editing, as I now have a typing dictation service that hammers out the ruff draft. Only the formatting, scanning of tables and graphs, and some editing done in house. My practice is basically broken down into two parts: I see about 20 patients per week in individual or couple's psychotherapy and, as one of some 223 Board Certified Forensic Psychologist in the USA, I do a fair amount of assessment regarding the neurocognitive abilities of HIV+ individuals, pilots, traumatic brain injury etc.

I need someone to start immediately. The hours are somewhat flexible..."

No comments: