Monday, July 02, 2007

I want my long weekend

I'm going to go on record as saying that having Independence Day on a Wednesday is about the dumbest thing ever. As someone who has already managed to rack up a vacation-day deficit in less than a year of employment, I am incredibly bitter about being cheated out of a three-day weekend. It should be in the constitution that we have the right to a long weekend during the first week of July.

Speaking of three day weekends, I bought three plane tickets to Portland this afternoon. Yes, it's finally been arranged -- I'm taking the boys home to meet my parents. Both Dave and Sam. I must admit, I've taken a few boyfriends home to meet the parents before, and for some reason taking a kid too makes the whole thing a lot less nerve wracking and a lot more amusing. You wouldn't think it, but it's true.

No comments: