Thursday, October 05, 2006

Surfacing

Last weekend I flew out to Washington DC to surprise Clare on her birthday. I was there until late Tuesday night, without a laptop or any school work. The fun of shirking responsibilities, paired with the warm sunny weather in DC, allowed me to fully revert back to summer vaction-style happiness. Spending time with Clare and her family was such a wonderful break. It's amazing how a couple of days away can reconnect you with your goals and ambition and make you excited about life. It has to be the right couple days, though. Maybe it's more about spending those days with the right people.

My trip was the doing of Clare's kick-ass husband Ross. As a result, Ross is pretty high up on the list of great guys -- on both Clare's list and my list. Flying out a friend is a super cool birthday present, and Clare genuinely had no idea what he was up to. Until I have a husband of my own, I think Ross will hold the title of best husband around.

I can't resist throwing in this picture of Ross and Jack, because they're just so dang cute.

rossandjack

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you took a shower with them?

Anonymous said...

Ow, my ovaries hurt.

SO FUCKING CUTE.

Anonymous said...

sorry, I'll stop punching you in your ovaries.