Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's on

I finally got myself signed up for the motorcycle lessons. I should know how to ride and be set to get my license before Thanksgiving. The course includes one-five hour classroom session and two days of riding, all in the third week of November.

There's been pressure on me from several different sources (all male) to skip the Vespa and just get a motorcycle. I'm considering it, but the motorcycle intimidates me a little. It would allow for greater speed and maneuverability, which might make it a safer option. It might be the speed that freaks me out, though.

I need to figure out how often I would actually want to take a motorcycle out of the city. That's the big benefit of a motorcycle over a scooter. You can't take a scooter on the highway because they don't go fast enough. It's unlikely that I would ever ride a motorcycle to class in Berkeley, especially after a work day. Business casual -- skirt, heels, etc. -- doesn't really work on a bike going over the Bay Bridge. Could be super fun to ride to the beach on a sunny weekend, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'd look pretty hot on a motorcycle (but not so hot spread like paté across the pavement).

the real question is, though, is the guy willing to be your bitch and sit behind you?

RB said...

So far, I have not found a guy who has said he would do this. I did have a couple of guys admit that they would ride on my scooter, but only if it was dark.