Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Roundtrip ticket to Rome

I have officially purchased the airline tickets for this summer's big trip. I will spend the last few weeks of my twenty-seventh year abroad, with Jeff. Lupo.

This year, we're headed to Italy. Tuscany, to be specific. And we'll be hangin' with all the Lupos, who I may just start referring to as "the pack." Jeff's parents have rented a place called Il Renaccio, near San Gimignano (see red dot on map).


PpMapIlRenaccio


I'm pretty excited about this trip, even though it doesn't seem quite real, yet. I'm looking forward to drinking wine and tasting olives with the Lupos (especially my favorite Lupo), but I also can't wait to do a smidge of traveling on my own. I'm flying into Rome solo and have decided to spend some time there before making my way north to San Gimignano. I haven't traveled very much by myself, and it seems like something I should have mastered by now.

This kind of sunshine and relaxation seems like it will be just the thing to celebrate the successful completion of my first year at Haas.


IlRenaccio_001

IlRenaccio_018


Just so you can stop scratching your head in confusion, Jeff has made it abundantly clear that he can't fight off the women much longer and will definitely be in a committed relationship by the time I roll into Il Renaccio. All I have to say is that his admirers should keep this in mind: What happens in Tuscany, stays in Tuscany.

1 comment:

jarja said...

Hi. How was your experience in Il Renaccio? I am going in a few weeks
Thanks