Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Date report from AF

Here is the latest on the experimental Match dating:

"So the first date was a success. We met at a local book festival and immediately hit it off. We wandered around the aisles of books and publishers, learning about each other and occasionally making fun of things/people/art we found. She asks lots of questions, which I liked. I tried to do the same. We listened to a reading by David James Duncan, the author that I asked her about in our first email exchange (he was okay, but overshadowed by the poet Tom Crawford, with whom he read).

After the reading, we went to a popular pub to sit outside, eat dinner, and have a few drinks. We had a lot to talk about and the conversation came pretty naturally. Our senses of humor match up, so we had a fun time. I called her the following night and we chatted for a while. I asked her out again, and now we have plans to see a bluegrass show on Saturday. I'm totally looking forward to it.

P.S. She is as cute in person as her match photos. Phew!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A second date is now planned: we're going to dinner and a bluegrass show this Saturday night.