Monday, September 24, 2007

From the men who brought you If I Had a Million Dollars...

I recently posted about The Three Signs of a Miserable Job, the first book I worked on at my current job. The book is selling like hotcakes, and currently on several best seller lists -- including the New York Times business list.

The author is best known for a previous book, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, which has sold over a million copies. A lot of people run across this book during training sessions at work. It's also a business fable, aka a short novel about people in an office that teaches management and teamwork principles through examples in the story.

We all (meaning my own work team) were forwarded this YouTube clip of the Bare Naked Ladies, playing a song they made up about the book. For those of you who haven't read it, they use actual terms from the book in the song (fear of conflict, lack of commitment, etc.).

http://www.youtube.com/v/QYo3IWt5sSw


Somehow, I never expected musicians to find inspiration in popular management books. I guess it just goes to show that understanding management principles is good for everyone.

No comments: